VMware Cloud Community
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Configure VRMS Connection greyed out

Hello,

I believe I have completed the first two steps in the Getting Started with vSphere Replication wizard started correctly, however the configure VRMS connection (step 3) is greyed out.

I have registered and configured the VRM Server appliance in each vCenter.  The configuration wizard on the appliance (which i access via the web interface) completes successfully and the VRM service is running.  This is true for the VRM appliance on both servers.

I'm fairly certain I've done everything correctly, but there is one setting that I am unclear on.  This is the Administration --> vCenter Server Settings --> Runtime Settings --> Managed IP address setting.

The way I have configured this currently is:

Protected primary vCenter :      v5.dc.local is set to use 192.168.1.160 (it's own IP address)

DR vcenter:                             drv5.dc.local is set to use 192.168.1.137 (it's own IP address)

Is this correct?  If so, can anyone think of any other settings which could cause this that I should check?

Thanks,

Duncan.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
llueder
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think it's spelled out in the administrative guide, you should pair the SRM sites before attempting to pair the vSphere Replication. I had this exact same problem, I was following the guide "Adminstering VMware Site Recovery Manager" (great book, BTW, get it!), and the VRMS section implies you set up the VRMS connection before moving on to SRM site pairing. However, the author clearly states vSphere Replication is optional, and that might be what confused me.

I simply paired my SRM sites and the "Configure VRMS Connection" link was no longer greyed out. Good luck!

0 Kudos