VMware Cloud Community
csengin
Contributor
Contributor

Clean up Failed Recovery Plan Test in Embedded DB

We're currently testing VMware SRM 5.8 on 5.5 u2 VCenter Servers.

I was testing a Recovery Plan today that hung due to there being 2 network cards on a VM's protection profile but I'd removed one of the NICs from the VM after creating the protection profile..oops...anyway, the SRM Server service crashed on the Recovery side during the test and now I get the message that the Test was interrupted and to perform the Test again immediately.  I ran the test again and the same behavior happened.

One of the vms from that Recovery Plan is still powered on the recovery side on the test network.  I'd like to shut it down and clean everything up manually but that won't fix this particular Recovery Plan.  For that I assume I need to clean up the database as recommended in this article: VMware KB: VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager recovery plan fails to complete

But that's for a SQL database and we're using the embedded DB -- how would I do this for the embedded database?

I tried calling VMware but they don't give support on trials......

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
odohertyd
Contributor
Contributor

Try to correct the protection plan for that vm first and then run the plan again. Also try the force cleanup option.

0 Kudos
csengin
Contributor
Contributor

The protection plan is currently locked with (all options grayed out) with a warning message that says test interrupted and the Recovery Plan has all options greyed out except the test button, I tried adding the 2nd nic back to the VM so it matched the protection plan and re-tested but the results but it still hung.  Other protection plans/recovery plans complete -- I wouldn't mind just deleting this particular one and recreating it.

I may just have to try and migrate the embedded DB to a SQL database so I can modify the data in it or worst case start from scratch again...definitely gives pause to using the embedded DB if you can't correct it when it get's messed up!

0 Kudos