VMware Cloud Community
TroyB
Contributor
Contributor

Changing the Password in vSphere Replication Management Server

We just recently implimented SRM into our Environment and the installation has went very smoothly so far.  We have a strict policy of changing our Service Account Passwords every 60 days and that time came up last weekend.  I was able to change the SA account password that we use to connect to the Virtual Center Server in all areas other than the vSphere Replication Management Server VMs.

So, I log into the VRMS and click on the Configuration button.  I can clearly see WHERE I need to change the password for the connection to the vCenter Server but this is what happens:  If I leave the "Configuration Mode" set at "Manual Configuration" when I try to change the password for the vCenter Server connection account I get a message saying that I must also give the password for the Db connection.  Understandable since it's part of this page.  I do that and then get a message about not being able to modify the Db and that I should change the "Configuration Mode" to "Configure from existing VRM database" which also makes sense.  However, as soon as I check that, the option to change the vCenter account setting is greyed out.

Seems like it would be so simple but has me completely stumped.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
0 Replies