VMware Cloud Community
Ace007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can we use, Site Recovery Manager between SAN at one site and Local disk of ESXi on other.

Hello Friends,

I would like to know if I can use Site Recovery Manager to protect my production setup.

To explain -- Site A (Production)- with two ESXi boxes and connected with SAN(EMC) storages which holds the VMs.

Site B (DR) - with one ESXi box with Local Disks and holds all VMs inside.

Both Site A and Site B are connected with dedicated network link of 10 MB

Both sites are in same city limits.  

Kindly someone can explain me if this works to protect my production VMs in case of any disaster.

If this works what products i shall purchase ? only SRM with vSphere Replication will work or something else also i need to purchase.

i have attached a image also for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

vSphere Replication (included with Essentials Plus licensing and higher) is all that you would need for replicating your data. It can replicate VMs from disparate storage types.

SRM (you'll need licenses for all VMs you intend to protect) will handle the automation, orchestration and testing of your DR plans.

You shouldn't need anything else

0 Kudos