VMware Cloud Community
pallipattu
Contributor
Contributor

Can we add multiple array pairs in one protection Group

Hi,

I need multiple arrays pairs in one protection group.

We I get new array pair I should be able to add to existing protection group only.

When I try to create protection group at any given point, I am able to select only one array pair.

If we can add multiple array pairs to one protection group, how?

Thanks,

Ramu

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

Pretty sure that it isn't possible to add VMs from multiple array pairs to the same protection group, you can add multiple LUNs/datastores to the same PG if they belong to a consistency group on the array.

You can create multiple protection groups and have those included in the same recovery plan. Why do you want VMs from multiple array pairs in the same PG?

0 Kudos
pallipattu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi gs_Khalsa,

We need to configure it in such a manner that we should have only one copy group and protection group as we are not able to add  storage arrays to existing copy group. We are forced to create another copy group and Separate protection group to add those storage arrays.

We have successfully added the storage in SRM as well but wanted to see if we can configure it together rather having two different plans.

As you said I have been able to create single RP for both PG. But, I need to know if we can add new storage array to existing copy group(Consistent group) in SRA. If we can, how?

Thanks in advance,

Ramu

0 Kudos
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

You would have to check with your storage vendor and see if it is possible to have LUNs from two different arrays in the same consistency group (I don't see how that would be possible, but they would be the last word on it).

Why do you need/want a single protection group? What will that give you that two wouldn't?

0 Kudos