VMware Cloud Community
TomasNL
Contributor
Contributor

Building a VMware Site Recovery Manager demo with the Netapp simulator in workstation 6.5 (srm in a box)

I just released a preview of a document which describes how to build a VMware Site Recovery Manager demo with the Netapp simulator in VMware workstation 6.5

You van download the preview at www.tendam.info

Tomas

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Michelle_Laveri
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This is brillant!

I would love to some how host this PDF along side my book on SRM...

Whatever, I will be sure blog about this shortly - and least point some traffic to you Smiley Happy

Regards

Mike

Regards
Michelle Laverick
@m_laverick
http://www.michellelaverick.com
0 Kudos
TomasNL
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Mike, i will post a link to your site! :smileygrin: In fact i just wrote a step by step guide, not an indept story about SRM like you did.

regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
Michelle_Laveri
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks Mike, i will post a link to your site! :smileygrin: In fact i just wrote a step by step guide, not an indept story about SRM like you did.

regards,

Tomas

Cool. You contribute is really needed - so don't underestimate it. My book is dominated by Lefthand Networks VSA. I did consider trying to make it more "storage neutral" by adding additional vendors - but I ran out of time & resources... My hope was to later add PDF files - that covered these differences - but again time and resources got the better of me.

It doesn't help that Ive started work on a Vi4 Book!!!

Regards

Mike

Regards
Michelle Laverick
@m_laverick
http://www.michellelaverick.com
0 Kudos
TomasNL
Contributor
Contributor

Can't wait to read the esx 4 book. I've sent you an email to your private adress. Also added a link to your site in my post at tendam.info

0 Kudos
Smoggy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

nice document. i use the netapp sims on some of the vmware lab setups we have here and they work great as you've found. when vmware finally replace my old laptop with something "powerful" i too might be able to get my own SRM-in-a-box Smiley Happy

cheers

Lee Dilworth

0 Kudos