VMware Cloud Community
WAMTech
Contributor
Contributor

Best practice for re-IP of guest OS after an SRM activity.

Hi all, I've seen a few different ways to get the IP reconfiguration issues resolved when performing an SRM activity. I jsut want to know if there are any best practice, for some reason the instructions to create a CVS file from the administration guide is not working. It's complaining about a certificate. Even thought I said yes to trusting the cert, it just takes me back tot he prompt and nothing gets generated. What I want to do is this; I would like to be able to change the IP on each VM instance and register it with the new DNS servers in the recovery site.

There was also a batch file that was posted by someone else in the forums but I would like to know if someone cna give me a more indept look at how to make the batch file run at power up of the VM. basically the batch file will have to run at startup to make the changes. Is there a script maybe that can do this like a vbs etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PeterVG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

there is this excellent white paper on th VIOPS website, describing all these things in detail.

You can find it here:

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
jamieorth
Expert
Expert

Maybe I am missing something here, but that link doesn't have any information......

Regards...

Jamie

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Remember, if it's not one thing, it's your mother...

0 Kudos
hkrishnan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Jamie-

You may want to try clicking on link in the downloads section that includes a attachment. This link (also below) contains the white paper.

http://viops.vmware.com/home/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1491-1-3653/VMW_09Q2_WP_VCENTER_SRM_EN_P37...

Regards

Hari

0 Kudos