VMware Cloud Community
lrlrmurali
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Asymmetric hosts (2 host in protected site to 1 host at recovery site) configuration in SRM recovery.

Hi,

We are planning to configure a SRM recovery plan with by using 2 host at protected site and 1 host at recovery site.

I believe this type of configuration is a common scenario at many customer site. We should be allowed to

configure multiple host to single/few hosts at recovery site.

I wanted to check whether this type of configuration is valid or not? If yes, are there any documents

in SRM sites/ Administration guide which describes how to configure it?

Are there any special configuration steps needed to recover VM’s in non-uniform configurations

across protected and recovery sites.

Thanks in advance.

-Murali

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

There wouldn't be any issue supporting this. I would recommend creating resource pools and placing your VMs in those and mapping them to the 2 sites. It will make it easier to ensure that the VMs that you want get resources and the the others don't.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

There wouldn't be any issue supporting this. I would recommend creating resource pools and placing your VMs in those and mapping them to the 2 sites. It will make it easier to ensure that the VMs that you want get resources and the the others don't.

lrlrmurali
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Khalsa 🙂

0 Kudos