VMware Cloud Community
sawag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Array Based Replication Status

Hello,

i am using SRM6.1 with vcenter 6 and ESXi host 5.5 u2. I ran the Recovery Plan and it shows Recovery Complete (Snapshot_RP1) but in Array Based Replication when I scan SRA, it shows the status "Failover in progress" (Snapshot_RP2). My question is, the status also should not be changed from failover in progress to Complete or Synced OR it will remain "Failover in progress" until I run the Plan in Reprotect mode??

And 2nd question is; what exact the configuration I have to do on storage and SRM side for Reprotection process (Failback to original site)??

Moreover, When I run Recovery Plan, it creates a new Datastore with the name "snap-xxxxxx-ce" on Recovery site while the datastore name is "ce" in protected site. Now please advise what has to do next to run the Reprotection successfully (Snapshot_Qassim Rep LUN) OR only I need to switch-over to existing consistency group from Recovery site to Protection site??

Please advise..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sawag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please anyone guide me for the failback process.

0 Kudos
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

I would recommend checking your SRA documentation to confirm or opening a case with IBM. It may be that it stays in that state until you run a reprotect or it could be something else.

As part of running a reprotect you should not have to change any configuration with SRM, your SRA or your array. The idea is that the array vendor writes their SRA such that nothing is required.

Hope this helps. Please let us know what you find out.

0 Kudos