VMware Cloud Community
Cloomger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After add new Replication server -no replication

Hi all.

Today i have a problem after add new Replication server to SRM. All my protectd VM have status Error (PRO Violation).

If i try reconfigure VM, i have no target location

srm3.JPG

How i can restore location path? Me be you know?

Vcenter 5.5u3

SRM 5.8.1.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

I'm not clear what change you made. You added a vSphere Replication appliance to ? Did you add an additional VR appliance, as you already had one?

Is it an "RPO" violation error? If so, it means that VR can't meet the RPO setting (15 mins - 24 hrs, set per VM) for that particular VM. If you change the RPO setting higher does the error go away?

0 Kudos
Cloomger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i have one vSphere Replication appliance and one VR. I add a new vSphere Replication appliance and unregister old, because old vSphere Replication appliance not working and i can`t connect to it. I add a new server and SRM site pair and all connection repair but all replication have error.

i find to google, that i need to reconfigure VM, but whan a run reconfigure i have a problem with Target Path location, path is empty.

srm3.JPG

If i running Recovery Test- no error Test is complete GOOD. If i running Recovery Test with sync, i have this: VR synchronization failed for VRM group SNT. vSphere Replication operation error: Virtual machine is not configured for replication.

I made a new task of replication and its WORK, but old replication not work!

Or how i can to see target location where is locate VM replica?

0 Kudos
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

Do you have a support case open for this? If not, and you are able to open one I would highly recommend it.

Just to be clear, VR and SRM are two separate solutions. SRM can work with VR and VR can be used on its own as well. Using the two interchangeably is confusing.

I think your problem started with unregistering the old VR appliance. In order to get things working again I think you are going to need to stop replication and then configure it from the beginning. You may be able to preserve the vmdks at the target site to use as seeds to reduce the initial replication time.

Take a look at this post for some failure scenarios and their resolution. Your situation looks similar to #2: vSphere Replication Appliance Failure Prevention and Recovery - VMware vSphere Blog - VMware Blogs

0 Kudos
Cloomger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for help, but i can finde where locate VM replica. We have above 200 presented luns and find vm replica  very hard...

0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

You will have to search for those VMs in the DR datastores.

If its a huge infrastructure and searching is not an option and if there is no documentation available one option is to do a test failover again.

once the VMs power on make a note of the directory and then configure replication again.

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
Cloomger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot, but find on datastore - it does not show path locate replicated VM. It only show Placeholder

And else we have this error: A generic error occurred in the vSphere Replication Management Server. Exception details: 'com.vmware.hms.replication.sync.DeltaAbortedException'.

0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

The placeholder datastore location is shown on the placeholder VM.

once you do a test failover, it will register the actual VM and power on the VM from the original location, provided the replicated data is still available.

If you then go to edit settings on the VM you will see the actual path from where the vmdk is mounted.

make a note there.

regarding the delta aborted exception the below release notes mention that there could be connectivity issue.

VMware vSphere Replication 6.0 Release Notes

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

Go through link and verify the network connectivity.

It is possible that there is communication block because of recent change in environment

VMware KB: Ports that must be open for Site Recovery Manager 1.0.x to 5.5.x, vSphere Replication 1.0...

0 Kudos
Cloomger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, but now i need to find where locate SRM VM files that i would reconfirure replication.

Now i see locate target only Placeholder.

0 Kudos