VMware Cloud Community
Matt_B1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After Run of recovery plan, Test is grayed out

I have successfully failed over 2 test VMs by running the recovery plan as part of our POC.  I have powered down the protected and recovery VMs, initiated a resync on the SnapMirror volume and plan to continue using the same recovery plan for further testing.  However, the Test option for the recovery plan is grayed out (Run option is still available).  Do I have to delete the recovery plan and re-create one each time I execute a Run and not a Test?  This is a hassle since I need to re-add the customizations (messages, commands), update the priorities and so forth.  I am using SRM v4.1.1.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mal_michael
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

You need to re-create Protection Group(s) that has been failed over. Recovery plans don't need to be re-created, but you need to reconfigure them to include re-created protection groups. Any customizations related to VMs (priorities, commands, customizations) need to be configured again.

This was a case in 4.x versions, don't think this changed in 5.0.

Michael.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mal_michael
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

You need to re-create Protection Group(s) that has been failed over. Recovery plans don't need to be re-created, but you need to reconfigure them to include re-created protection groups. Any customizations related to VMs (priorities, commands, customizations) need to be configured again.

This was a case in 4.x versions, don't think this changed in 5.0.

Michael.

0 Kudos
Matt_B1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, I was able to confirm this.  It is a hassle but at least I don't need to re-create the recovery plan which is where most of the design is.

0 Kudos