Champion
Champion

new forum, frequent logouts?

Anyone else having issues with the new forums logging you out after only a few hours?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Leadership
Leadership

Moderator: Moved to Platform Status, not related to Fusion.

0 Kudos
Leadership
Leadership

Yes, this is a known issue.

Be careful to check before you write a reply as you might loose the reply on clicking on the post button (this is a test as I am actually not logged in while writing this, so "select all" -> copy -> post)

edit: this time it remembered my text, so it looks like that there is some improvement already.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

We set the logout from 30 minutes that was the platform default to max length of 2 hours, we will request a longer time from Khoros.

-eric

0 Kudos
Leadership
Leadership

An optional "remember me" box would make a lot of sense for regular users on their regular devices - even 2 hours isn't going to make much of a difference.

Thankfully my password manager app/plugin will do the lifting for me!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

On a call just now Khoros agree to set the time-out to something longer.  They were going to try to go do it right now,  for the moment, I requested 8 hours.  I think that seems like a reasonable time,  they tend to like to log people out in order to keep webserver open sessions to a reasonable number.

I'm curious what other sites do,  I remember in 2006,  I think it was days.  But not sure.

-eric

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think there is a remember me box would be also good.  Will look into that.

-eric

0 Kudos
Leadership
Leadership

I can stay "logged in" to most websites for as long as my browser cookie for that site is happy - weeks if not months.

0 Kudos
Champion
Champion

Exactly - they can close the session,  but keep the authentication token.  Thanks for pushing on this - as wila mentioned, it's really annoying that you can start to reply when not logged in, and then lose the text you've written when it prompts you to authenticate.