VMware Communities
rclarsfull
Contributor
Contributor

Website of vmware broken can´t downlode esxi 6.7

Hi,

I´m planing to use esxi 6.7 in my small homelab (dell r710) but i have problems right at the beginning.

I can´t get to the downlode page. 

I´m trying to downlode this.

Download VMware vSphere - VMware Customer Connect

but it says:

"You either are not entitled or do not have permissions to download this product.
Check with your My VMware Super User, Procurement Contact or Administrator.
If you recently purchased this product through VMware Store or through a third-party, try downloading later."

Under that is an Download Trial link.

but this link redirects me to the trail version of esxi 8. The r710 isnt compatible with the r710.....

I cant get the iso for the 6.7. and at the moment two trails for esxi 8 are running.

And the next problem after that one will be to find out where i can find the key for the free license.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert

Link that you pasted - works fine. 6.7 opened

0 Kudos
rclarsfull
Contributor
Contributor

not for me, tryed 2 different systems, i cant get the license for the 6.7...

yes the page opens but i cant get the key for the 6.7 only for the 8

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Free vSphere Hypervisor licenses are only available for supported versions, so not 6.7.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
rclarsfull
Contributor
Contributor

ohh...  so there is no option for me to get the license for free somehow?

Why do you dont give this licenses to people for education? People with homelabs usually run on old Hardware because it´s cheap and they dont need the performance. And im not going to pay for the license more than for the server.

when there isn´t an other option, im going to install proxmox.

Thanks for the information

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There was the option when 6.x versions were still supported, the licenses were free and still are for 7.x and 8.x.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos