VMware Communities
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Navigation for new users

I wonder how a new visitor is supposed to find any of the ESXi related forums ?

In the past we noticed that ESXi users did not find it while it was listed under vSphere.

If you use abreviations in the navigation links please show a tooltip so that users know what they  mean.

By the way - what does SDDC stand for ? - never heard it before ...

Ulli

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I definitely agree with you, the navigation could be improved so that at least the main areas can be selected in a single step.

André

Btw: SDDC = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software-defined_data_center

0 Kudos
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Has anyone found the DEM/UEM or App volume forums yet ? 😛 .. 

My guess is they already renamed DEM Yet again...  whats todays name for App volumes ?.. lol.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Select Horizon from the Digital Workspace menu at the top of the screen, and you’ll see DEM and AppVolumes in the Community Navigation panel to the right of the screen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks @scott28tt 

Sorry to hijack the thread .

I see DEM now thanks.

However all i see for App vol is a Documents link.. ie a knowedgebase.. i dont see the little 'bubble' for a forum .. it that correct ?

thanks .

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don’t know, I’ve posted a question in the moderators area which the admins also frequent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos