VMware Communities
ddesmidt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

How to Publish a new Document?

Since the VMware Community platform refresh, under "VMware NSX Documents" (https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-NSX-Documents/tkb-p/4002), I can't figure out how to publish a new document?

What is the workflow for such thing?

Thanks,

Dimitri

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericnipro
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for asking,  we as administrators had document publish permissions,  what we didn't realize, is that no one else did.   We have fixed this, documents are open in all sections for creation/publishing.

Let me know if it doesn't work,  there should be a publish button now, just like on forums.

Thanks!

-eric

Community.... upload 1 .. download 10.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderators such as myself were given a demo of the new platform last week on a test environment, and were shown how to create Documents as well as Discussions - it seems something is different between the test environment we were shown and the production platform we are all now using.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ddesmidt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Should I understand you don't know either how to create a Document on VMware Community?

If no, when do you expect to know so you can teach me?

If yes, can you teach me?

Thanks,

Dimitri

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Last week we were shown on a test environment how to add "articles" to the "Documents" areas of the various VMTN sub-communities (such as NSX Documents) - so yes it is technically possible.

But, that was on a test environment.

The production environment might have been setup differently - I don't know.

The VMTN administrators need to see this thread and respond - I'm just a moderator.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
ericnipro
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for asking,  we as administrators had document publish permissions,  what we didn't realize, is that no one else did.   We have fixed this, documents are open in all sections for creation/publishing.

Let me know if it doesn't work,  there should be a publish button now, just like on forums.

Thanks!

-eric

Community.... upload 1 .. download 10.
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks Eric.

When creating an article, the option to Publish (as I was shown) is to Save & Request Publication - who does the request go to?

0 Kudos