VMware Cloud Community
lostmachine
Contributor
Contributor

ovftool download problem

Having problems installing VMware-ovftool-2.0.1-260188-lin.i386.sh on a linux host.

When I try to install I get

VMware OVF Tool 2.0 installer script

Copyright VMware 2010

.........extracting archive........

Checksum validation failed for archive.

(If you use FTP, make sure to set it to binary mode)

The MD5 checksum is d14f14ab14f994131cf0d2fad2b318e3 not ff672047cbf2caf725bc1d295c7bbdc0

Am I downloading the wrong file?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

The message suggests that the download is corrupted. I would try downloading again. Checksums are on the download page for any file. Check after you download. As the message also indicates that if you used FTP to transfer the file make sure you transfer it in binary mode.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
heyitspablo
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I am going to alert our download team... thanks for your patience...

Pablo

Keep up with latest info on vSphere PowerCLI http://blogs.vmware.com/vipowershell - Follow me on Twitter @heyitspablo
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Tested download and install of VMware-ovftool-2.0.1-260188-lin.i386.sh on Ubuntu 8.1, checksum verifies and tool installs and runs nicely. Please retry download, looks like a download failure. Thanks.

0 Kudos
lostmachine
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting footnote to this. When I was downloading I was using Firefox on XP and the md5 of the download image was fine. I then used WINSCP to copy the image onto the LInux host I wanted to install on. However the md5 was now incorrect.

Tried download using Firefox on a LInux host and then copied to the final destination and all was fine. Something strange happening to copy process between XP and Linux.

0 Kudos
tut
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What WinSCP protocol and settings are you using? For example, FTP in ASCII mode could remove carriage returns. Going through a SOCKS proxy is a known problem. Just trying to help troubleshoot...

0 Kudos
ajikjose
Contributor
Contributor

Try to download the tool in a linux machine. For my case this helped me to getout from checksum error.

Thanks

0 Kudos