VMware Cloud Community
g3uiss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to Access Host 4.0 U2 from VI client until DC running

HI

I have a single ESXi 4.0U2 Host. I have a VM which is acting as a domain contoller. I cant acccess the host using the VI Client if the DC is not running, It says the connection is refused, although I can ping the host. I cant access the host viat its IP in a browser also. This only happend since the U2 upgrade. Perhaps the Host needs the DC, how can I remove that so I can access it with no VM's running. This only happens after a host reboot. I can stop the DC and not lose connection, as long as the Host is powered up.

Tony

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nkrishnan
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Try by entering the ESX host details in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and try out

This should resolve, if the problem exist due to the host name resolution problem

Thanks

Nithin

--Nithin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jsintz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Could be DNS related. Had a similar issue at our DR site before the DCs were up we had a heck of time accessing the hosts turned out to be DNS related for us. Once the DCs were up, DNS started working, life was good. Just a guess.

0 Kudos
nkrishnan
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Try by entering the ESX host details in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and try out

This should resolve, if the problem exist due to the host name resolution problem

Thanks

Nithin

--Nithin
0 Kudos