VMware Cloud Community
Christo63
Contributor
Contributor

Server backup

I am a new network administrator and I need to work on a few independent servers in our network.  I know at least one server will have the hard drives formatted so I need help with the steps in backup/cloning or replication and then restore.  If I knew what I was to search I wouldn't be in this pickle so I appreciate your assistance.

The server has Lenovo XClarity controller with VMware client 6.7 or 7.0 with 3 VMs.  The backup location is offsite with vSphere ESXi hosts and lots of VMs.

When I did a search I found lots of help with the VM but I was hoping to be able to restore the entire server.  If I do have to rebuild the server from the ground up can somebody give me the big block steps so I know what to search.  I recently took an excellent course, but I don't have access to the labs anymore so I can't do a quick review of what I learned and have never done anything in a live environment before.  Woops after the fact isn't an option if you know what I mean.  It is better to ask before I jump into the deep end.

0 Kudos
0 Replies