VMware Cloud Community
ybae
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMSA-2021-0020 (CVE-2021-22005) workaround script

Customer have a plan upgrade vcenter 6.7u3n to 7.0u2d in Oct,

Before upgrade vCenter, They want to apply workaround (option1)About apply workaround, Customer have some questions

• As I known that when apply script, restarting 'analytics-service'. My customer's vcenter is integrated vrops, vrli, vra, nsxt.  Is there any impact about intergrated services?
  • My customer 's vCenter is linked mode with 2* vCenters. Is it okay to apply script simultaneously? or need to apply each vCenter?
  • After implemented the workaround on 6.7u3n. Do upgrade 7.0u2d, Is there any impact for doing upgrade?
  • I checked that do not need to roll-back the workaround settings. Is it right?

Could you share any ideas?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
baijup
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@ybae Thanks for posting the question. Please find the answers below :

As I known that when apply script, restarting 'analytics-service'. My customer's vcenter is integrated vrops, vrli, vra, nsxt. Is there any impact about intergrated services? Ans: No impact to the integrated services during analytics service restart

My customer 's vCenter is linked mode with 2* vCenters. Is it okay to apply script simultaneously? or need to apply each vCenter? Ans: It is fine to apply the workaround simultaneously on both VCs

After implemented the workaround on 6.7u3n. Do upgrade 7.0u2d, Is there any impact for doing upgrade? Ans: No impact in doing the upgrade, workaround will not interfere with the upgrade process. Also, it is a supported upgrade path as per KB https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/67077

I checked that do not need to roll-back the workaround settings. Is it right? Ans: You are right, no need to roll-back the workaround

Hope it helps, let us know if any more questions.

Thanks

0 Kudos