VMware Cloud Community
kkmcat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Skyline did NOT alert us about VMSA-2021-0020

Skyline did NOT alert us about VMSA-2021-0020, which is concerning. Collectors are healthy. Skyline Advisor has nothing about it. Did others get an alert through Skyline about this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshua_lory
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We sincerely apologize for the delay in identifying VMSA 2021-0020. Skyline released this VMSA Finding on the 20th of September. We experienced an issue surfacing the Finding that has now been resolved. If your environment is impacted, you will now see the Finding appear under Active Findings tab. In the future, Findings that are newly released should take 24-48 hours to appear in Active Findings if your environment is impacted. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
baijup
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@kkmcat Skyline rules were enabled on 21st Sep (late evening EST time), ideally it takes 24-48 hours to reflect in Customers environment. Can you please share the current status, is it still not showing in Skyline ?

kkmcat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well, I just upgraded my VCSA this morning, and it didn't show just before that... Maybe Skyline should congratulate me now? LOL

0 Kudos
baijup
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@kkmcat Thanks for the update 😊😊  glad to hear that VC patching is already completed.

I will share the feedback to Skyline Team to see if anything can be improved in alerting Critical issues.

joshua_lory
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We sincerely apologize for the delay in identifying VMSA 2021-0020. Skyline released this VMSA Finding on the 20th of September. We experienced an issue surfacing the Finding that has now been resolved. If your environment is impacted, you will now see the Finding appear under Active Findings tab. In the future, Findings that are newly released should take 24-48 hours to appear in Active Findings if your environment is impacted.