VMware Cloud Community
DHershberger2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Guidance for customers running VVD

It is good that guidance was provided specific to VCF. However, some customers are running VVD. Specifically:

• VVD:  5.1.1
  • Documented vCenter version in the VVD:  6.7 U3b
  • Version they need to move to to address the vulnerability:  6.7 U3n

Is moving to U3n going to keep this specific scenario in VVD compliance?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
osheehy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

i DHershberger2,

I received confirmation overnight that VVD customers should apply the security patches without waiting for updated BOMs and that they will be considered still aligned to the VVDs

This corresponds to the security patching notice on all VVD release notes.

For example https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Validated-Design/5.1.2/rn/vmware-validated-design-512-release-note...

VMware makes available patches and releases to address critical security and functional issues for several products. Verify that you are using the latest security and express patches or hotfixes for a given component after deploying VMware Validated Design. Scalability and functionally tests for individual patches, express patches, or hotfixes are not typically performed against VMware Validated Design. If a patch must be applied to your environment, follow the VMware published practices and VMware Knowledge Base articles for the specific patch. If an issue occurs during or after the process of applying a patch, contact VMware Technical Support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
osheehy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi DHershberger2,

Thank you for your question.

I have reached out to the VVD product management team for guidance on this

I will update this thread once I have any response

0 Kudos
osheehy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

i DHershberger2,

I received confirmation overnight that VVD customers should apply the security patches without waiting for updated BOMs and that they will be considered still aligned to the VVDs

This corresponds to the security patching notice on all VVD release notes.

For example https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Validated-Design/5.1.2/rn/vmware-validated-design-512-release-note...

VMware makes available patches and releases to address critical security and functional issues for several products. Verify that you are using the latest security and express patches or hotfixes for a given component after deploying VMware Validated Design. Scalability and functionally tests for individual patches, express patches, or hotfixes are not typically performed against VMware Validated Design. If a patch must be applied to your environment, follow the VMware published practices and VMware Knowledge Base articles for the specific patch. If an issue occurs during or after the process of applying a patch, contact VMware Technical Support.

0 Kudos