davmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

nested virtual machine Intel-VT EVC mode issue

Hi,

I have gone through the threads in the forum that revolve around nested virtual machine  and hardware virtualization not being exposed to the VMs. However I could not get to the bottom of the issue.

I have already enabled hardware virtualization in the property of esxi 5.1 virtual machine. However when I still do not see Hardware Virtualization available when I try to create a cluster and enable EVC.

VMware.log files for both esxi 5.1 virtual machines are as attached. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

DA

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware ESXi 5 to Nested Virtualization
Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

EPT is required for virtualized VT-x support under ESX 5.1.  Your CPUs do not have EPT support.

0 Kudos
davmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, for your reply. I am trying to create a vsphere storage appliance cluster in nested environment and EVC was bugging me in creating a cluster. However with the following change EVC check will not be done by the installer and the installation won't stall due to EVC failures.

Go to C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\webapps\VSAManager\WEB-INF\classes and open the file titled dev.properties. Modify the line evc.config=true to evc.config=false.

DA

0 Kudos