my DataCenter configured as following:
1. Physical Switch connected to 3 Physical Server.
vCenter Server IP: 192.168.10.10
two ESXi Physical Hosts: IP: 192.168.10.11/12.
2. My laptop connected to this physical network, IP: 192.168,10.100.
3. My two Physical Hosts configured with one Standard vSwitcher0, uplink VMNIC0, portgroup MYLAN vLan ID=162, vmk0 vLan ID=162.
4. I created two nested ESXi vHost on the two Physical Host, assigned IP 192.168.10,101/102, gateway 192.168.10.1
5. Standard vSwitch0 on the two vHost, only VM NETWORK portgroup, all with default vLan ID =0.
6. I create VM on nested vHost, and assigned the VM using VM NETWORK, also assigned the IP: 192.168.10.201, gateway 192.168.10.1
But from my VM, I cannot ping 192.168.10.1, also I cannot ping the VM (x.x.x.201) from my laptop.
I can ping my two nested vHost from my laptop, also can login the VM console through my nest vHost.
from my vHost world, my network is configured as EST (external swith tagging).
from my Physical Host world, my network is configured as VST (virtual switch tagging),
Theoritically my configuration should be correct, but it don't work.
I'm new comer to nested VMWare world. I'm appreciated for any suggestion and help.