VMware Cloud Community
fekas
Contributor
Contributor

freesco configuration/vm's issues

please can someone give a me a hints on how to install and configure freesco virtual router in my esxi server .i really want to try its in my home lab.[secondly i'm having an issue regarding  host cpu is incompatible with vm's requirement at cpuid level 0x80000001 register "edx" host bits required 0000:1000:0000:0000:1000:0000:0000: required: xx1x:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx: mismatc detected for these features.longmode.required when avirtualmachine is configured for a 64-bit quest os.for system with intel ,enabled VT in the bios is required for long mode.for incompatibility other than NX/XD or longmode :if possible ,use a cluster with enhance motion compatibility (EVC) enabled,see kB articles 1003212.in th absence of EVC see kB articles 1993].i have successfully installed and configure esxi4.1 and also my vcenter is up and running but whenever i want to creates a virtual machines,this error will pop up.notes,its will not pop up when i create the vm but when i want to power the virtual machine......my laptop has VT technology which i have enabled in the bios but still this error keep on coming whenever i want to power a vm.  [HP PAVILION DV6,INTEL(R) CORE (TM) I3CPU,6GRAM,500GB @2.40GHZ....please you can also reach me from my email @ gentlesoul@hotmail.com..thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

did you install ESXi natively on the system or is it running as a VM in e.g. VMware Workstation?

In addition to "Intel VT-x", please ensure "Execute Disable Bit" is enabled in the BIOS. After modifying the settings in the BIOS, make sure you completely power cycle the system (power off/power on). If this still does not solve the issue, please attach the vmware.log file for the router VM.

André

0 Kudos
fekas
Contributor
Contributor

the esxi is running on a workstation 7.1 and my vcenter is running on window server 2008r2.please where can i enable executable bit vecause i have try but its not working.i have enable VT in my bios as well.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The "Execute Disavle Bit" setting can usually be found under "Security" in most BIOS versions.

To be able to run nested 64 bit VM's you may need to upgrade to VMware Workstation 8 which offers support to “Virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI” in the virtual machine's - the ESXi VM in your case - CPU options (with virtual hardware version 8).

André

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos