VMware Cloud Community
MarioELSOURY
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to access hosts using FQDN with DNS (SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT)

Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup a nested lab with Workstation pro using two different PCs and a bridged network. On my first PC (Static IP:192.168.1.3), I've setup my 3 ESXi hosts along with a Windows Server machine. On my second PC(Static IP 192.168.1.4), I've setup my fourth ESXI host with vCenter server installed. I'm having issues with DNS where I'm unable to login to my hosts using FQDN. I will use ESXi1 for my case here since the issue is related to all of my hosts and vcenter server as well.

Here is the error I'm receiving when attempting to login to my ESXi host client using FQDN https://ESXi1.mario.com Error_login_pic1.PNG

I am only able to access the host client by inputting the IP onto the webpage.

My host settings are:

host_network.PNG

host_DNS.PNG

Custom DNS suffixes : mario.comMGMT_test.PNG

I am able to receive response from DNS and resolve hostname when testing

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

. My Windows Server VM settings:

DNS:DNS_forward_lookup.PNGDNS_reverse_lookup.PNG

Ethernet adapater( custom Workstation PRO Virtual adapterVMNET0 which is setup for auto bridging):Ethernet.PNG

- Both of my PCs network settings have my Windows server VM IP as DNS.

-I can ping my DNS server from any PC. I've ran nslookup and was able to resolve all hostnames with the IP from both PCs and my Windows Server VM. Here is an example of nslookup from my PC with the Windows server machine installed

Capture.PNG

-I've disabled the windows defender firewall on both of my PCs and my Windows server VM

-I've joined all hosts to my domain from the host client

At this point I've tried everything I can and I'm still unable to access the hosts via FQDN. When i attempt to install vCenter, the installation either freezes half way or when i attempt to login using the vSphere's IP, I then click launch vSphere client and get stuck with another SSL error when trying to receive a token.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I've spent days trying to resolve this issue. I'd really like to be able to access my sphere client and hosts via FQDN so i can certify all my hosts.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported so moderators know it should be moved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
MarioELSOURY
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Scott,

which section should an issue related to this be placed for future reference?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Look above your initial comment and you’ll see where your thread has been moved to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
RRuben
Contributor
Contributor

have you been able to resolve this by any chance? as I appear to be experiencing a similar event with my instances.

0 Kudos