VMware Cloud Community
cybermate1122
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to RUN ISO image in ESX

Dear All,

I am facing trouble in running ISO images in ESX 5.5. After loading the images its not booting up even after putting the Windows CD please see attached Screenshot.

Cybermate

0 Kudos
10 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Hey,

did you click the connected and connect on startup buttons in the VM settings?

Also I think you forgot the screenshot

0 Kudos
cybermate1122
Contributor
Contributor

Screen Shot is attached now, which option in VM Settings??

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

When you right click the VM and edit settings. You go to the CD/DVD drive and choose the ISO you want to mount into that drive. Then there are two checkboxes: connected and connnect on poweron.

You need to click those.

Or did you power on the VM and connect the ISO with the CD-Icon above your Console window?

In this case, the VM booted too fast and the ISO wasn't there when it searched for it.

Right Click the VM -> Guest -> Send ctrl+alt+del to reboot the VM. If the ISO is conneccted, it will boot from it.

0 Kudos
cybermate1122
Contributor
Contributor

Dear i have checked and done everything but the problem still same

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Some questions:

• Where are the ISO images stored (local disk or datastore folder)?
  • Please double-check that the images are bootable (MS uses similar file names for installation images and SP images).

André

0 Kudos
cybermate1122
Contributor
Contributor

ISO images are stored on Local Disk

I have double checked the ISO's are Bootable.

After creating the VM, i Right click on it and Browse the ISO Image. But its ending up with Msg " No operating System Found"

Cybermate

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Although it should work the way you do it, please try to see whether you will be able to boot from the images if they are located on a VMFS datastore. Use e.g. the Datastore Browser in the vSphere Client to create a new folder an one of the datastores (e.g. "ISO-Images"), upload the ISO image to this folder, and then use this image in the VM's settings.

André

0 Kudos
cybermate1122
Contributor
Contributor

Not even Booting from VMFS Datastore:smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Well, normaly CD should boot first, but to check go to edit VM settings -> options -> advanced -> boot options and click the BIOS-setup checkbox so your VM boots into BIOS on next start and check the boot order.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please download the latest vmware.log file from the VM's folder on the datastore and attach it to a reply post using the advanced editor (see link in the reply editor window).

André

0 Kudos