VMware Cloud Community
Dan87951
Contributor
Contributor

Server 2008 R2 Hyper V not supported

I'm new to vmware and having problems with Server 2008 R2 telling my Hyper V is not supported when I try to install remote desktop services. I have a Dell Poweredge 2950III with 2 Intel Xeon E5440 that do support Hyper-V. I have looked in the virtual BIOS to see if there is a place to enable it but there is nothing I can find. I'm I missing something to get this enabled? I had no problems running Hyper V on this computer before I went virtual. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

please take a look at http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-8970 to find how you need to configure a VM to be able to run Hyper-V on it.

André

0 Kudos
Dan87951
Contributor
Contributor

How do you go about modifying this value "hypervisor.cpuid.v0 = FALSE"? Thanks, real newb here.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You can either add this setting by editing the configuration file (.vmx file) of the Hyper-V guest manually or - a lot easier - go to the "Options" tab of the virtual machine's settings and click the "Configuration Parameters" button under "General/Advanced". To do this the VM has to be powered off (not suspended)

André

0 Kudos