VMware Cloud Community
wikusvanderwalt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Help with nested 5.5 install please - "Logs are stored on non-persistent storage..."

Hi All,

I must be missing something as my nested install keeps failing.  I have done this before albeit with older versions.  I have a DellC6100 with L5639 CPU's and 48GB of RAM.  I've configured the VM as required with HW v10, ticked "Expose hardware assisted virtualization...", with it 2 x CPU's with 2GBRAM. The disk I added was the default 1GB LSI Logic parallel disk.  This is the sequence of events after booting:

Untitled picture 1.png

Untitled picture 2.png

Untitled picture 3.png

Nothing after this... Any suggestions as to what it could be please?  I've tried various 5.5 builds and also an IDE vDisk.  Google is not much help either...

My pHosts are running on 5.5U2.

Thanks in advance!

Wikus

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That isn't a failure.  It looks like you've pressed Alt-F11 rather than F11.  Press Alt-F2, and you should be able to continue the installation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That isn't a failure.  It looks like you've pressed Alt-F11 rather than F11.  Press Alt-F2, and you should be able to continue the installation.

0 Kudos
wikusvanderwalt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, I'm using my Mac and this was the issue! Rookie mistake!

0 Kudos
galenkivamshi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have the same issue. I have tried with Alt+F11 and Alt+F2. It doesn't work. Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos