First off congratulations on management pack builder really impressed. Am looking forward to the news release.
Do have a few suggestions
Feel free to reach out if have any questions.
@paulpitchford, Great callouts.
Just adding couple of links here which might help people wanting to start off with Management pack builder.
Video demonstrating how to use Management Pack Builder:
Thank you for your excellent feedback and suggestions! Glad to say most of these are already in progress. Have a couple follow-up questions:
1. Should be in the upcoming 1.1 release.
2. Metric groups (folders) are in our roadmap, but probably won't be in our 1.1 release. Extended object metrics will be in a default folder, but the folder name won't customizable. I'm aware of adapter instance field descriptions and Super Metric descriptions, but I'm not familiar with regular metric descriptions in vROps. Can you share what you're referring to with this?
3. Should be in the upcoming 1.1 release.
4. Can you please provide an example of the data you'd like to extract which is not currently supported?
5. Should be in the upcoming 1.1 release.
6. Should be in the upcoming 1.1 release.
Releated to #4.
Maybe its the same limitation i mentioned here:
Sometimes the external API is giving you data which is not 100% what you need. Especially for creating releationships.
Your external API reports: "parent = vCloud:VM:46339458-b833-11ed-afa1-0242ac120002"
But in vROPS the ID of the parent VM is "46339458-b833-11ed-afa1-0242ac120002" and not "vCloud:VM:46339458-b833-11ed-afa1-0242ac120002"... so with 1.0 it is impossible to create a relationship.
In the 1.1 release we will support regex, field combinations, and hardcoded text for making relationships. This should address the situation you have where the ID needs to be prefixed with "vCloud:VM:" for matching.
Management Pack Builder v1.1 is released and can be downloaded here.