VMware Cloud Community
cpsaicleidos
Contributor
Contributor

modifying the bios of an ESXi 7 VM guest running RH 7. Can I get at the bios thru VCSA or

I'm trying to install some software and am running into an issue. It seems to be related to cpu virtualization

https://access.redhat.com/articles/1344173#Q_how-install-virtualization-packages.

When I run the command "grep -E "vmx|svm" /proc/cpuinfo" it shows no output which indicates virtualization may not be enabled in the BIOS settings.

How do I get into the bios settings for a vm to modify them? I have vcsa and the esxi console and vi for the mmx guest config file.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is this related to Horizon or just regular vSphere/ESXi?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
cpsaicleidos
Contributor
Contributor

@scott28tt - In answer to your question "Is this related to Horizon or just regular vSphere/ESXi?" is ESXi 7

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported so moderators know it should be moved elsewhere, since it’s not about Horizon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos