VMware Cloud Community
wallen21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Stop: 0x0000007b

I used Altiris to create an image of my windows 2003 server. I download the image to my new VM when the VM tries to boot up I receive the following stop error 0x0000007B.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What VMware product and version are you using so we can move this thread to the appropriate forum?

Yes, you need to use Converter against the virtual machine once you have restored the Altiris image to the virtual disk.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_Gao
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Never used Altiris with ESX. Why not try cloning instead? Or use template VM's and deploy new Windows server from there?

0 Kudos
DLeid
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Stop: 0x0000007b usually means an inaccessible boot device.It doesn't see the vmdk drive to boot from.

I haven't used Altirus myself, I use the VMware Converter and haven't had any issues. I use the Enterprise version but I believe there is a free version.

If you find this or any other information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What VMware product and version are you using so we can move this thread to the appropriate forum?

Yes, you need to use Converter against the virtual machine once you have restored the Altiris image to the virtual disk.

0 Kudos