VMware Cloud Community
protoman15
Contributor
Contributor

It is my first time using the app and instead of showing me to sign in it shows me to log in... What should i do?

Please help me.

5 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi protoman15, and welcome to the VMware Communities!

You are going to need to provide more information about the problem.  What are you seeing on the screen?  What are you expecting to see on the screen?

Perhaps you can take a screenshot or screen capture showing the problem, and include that in your reply to help us understand the situation.

Thanks,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
protoman15
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Darius, and thanks for replying!

This is what I see on my screen:

2020-05-08 (1).png

And this is what I want to see:

2020-05-08 (2).png

If you could help I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks,

George

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the Linux guest area, since the issue does not appear to be specific to any VMware product.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It looks like the tutorial was prepared for Kali Linux 2019.2 and you have installed the latest version, Kali Linux version 2020.1, which is a bit newer and will look different.  You have a few options for how to proceed:

1. Download Kali Linux 2019.2 and use that.  By using the same version as in the Youtube tutorial, it will hopefully look the same.
  2. Ask the author of the Youtube tutorial if they will be producing an updated video for Kali Linux 2020.1, and wait for them to do that.
  3. Continue with Kali Linux 2020.1, but you will need to be creative, since there will probably be quite a few things different from the tutorial video.

The default username and password for the Kali images are "kali"/"kali", and that username and password should work for the older version of Kali as well as the newer version.

Hope this helps!

--

Darius

protoman15
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks man you helped me understand my problem!

0 Kudos