VMware Cloud Community
BEHTERA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've just applied the latest Windows 10 upgrade and now fail to establish an eth0 connection

My Windows Ver.

EDITION - WINDOWS 10 PRO

VERSION - 1709

BUILD   - 16299.98

I can start VMPlayer but during its startup it fails to establish an eth0 connection...This only happened following the latest Windows upgrade..

Has anyone seen this?  Anyone have any suggestions how I can address this issue... Currently I'm stopped...

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BEHTERA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've tried a few time to reestablish the VMPlayer Bridge Protocol and voila, after my latest reboot,
The ETH0 connection is now being made. BUT,, wouldn't you know it... I'm now getting a different msg.
showing up during the startup, in the section SETTING UP (localfs) NETWORK INTERFACES... it occurs
immediately following the eth0 connection being made...
and is as follows 'waiting for mandatory devices - eth1' .
I have no idea what this means since I have never seen it before, but I do know, I am functional once
again since the issue with eth0 apparently has been resolved... However I'd like to resolve this error msg.

Anyone have any ideas ?  Bear in mind I am a network rookie.....

0 Kudos
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ran a search on the error and found: SDB:Waiting for Mandatory Device - openSUSE

Let me know more details if the OS is different or any further system information that can narrow this down.

0 Kudos