VMware Communities
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Next Phase of the Council

The smoke may begin to clear for some of you who have wondered why we've expanded the council. During the last few months, the council activities have been gaining attention. The value of your opinions was never in question. However, it has been unclear as to how we best leverage the council.

The greatest value in the council comes from an interactive discussion with those whom we have a relationship. We would like to trial a program where a subset of council members have regular discussions with a product manager throughout the duration of the product development cycle. This group of council members would act as an extended team for a designated period of time. This is in an advisory capacity and not a beta replacement. These council members will be advising the product team long before the product becomes beta ready.

We are now recruiting for a very important project--the development of the next-generation client. The next-generation client is a multi-release initiative that is aimed at delivering a cross-platform, extensible, scalable management platform. The project under discussion is the first release that delivers a sub-set of the client functionality. We are looking for design partners that can provide input into current and desired models of management, and constructs the client should provide to increase their admin efficiency.

This project begins in December of 2009. We seek customers with hands-on experience with VI Client, a mix of Windows and Linux, and experience with and one or more of the following: VUM, SRM, View, CapacityIQ, and Appspeed. The correct individual should have experience troubleshooting, monitoring and remediation of vSphere issues.

The VMware team includes: Rahul Ravulur <rravulur@vmware.com>, Ben Cheung <bcheung@vmware.com>, Kathryn Murrell <kmurrell@vmware.com> and Maire Howard <mhoward@vmware.com>. If you are interested please let me know at jkrahulec@vmware.com or vcc@vmware.com.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VirtualNoitall
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This sounds like exactly the kind of engaging activity I was referring to in my post here: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/222747?tstart=10

We are constantly working with our account team, reaching out to Product Managers at VMworlds and EBCs for this very kind of facility for input. I would be happy to participate.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Great! I'll let the product team know and get back to you with next steps.

0 Kudos