VMware Global Community
Tinto1970
Commander
Commander

Aggiornamento VCSA 5.5U3 - > 6.0

Ciao, oggi ho tentato diverse volte di eseguire l'upgrade di una vcsa 5.5, ma si pianta sempre al punto "establishing connection to legacy system". Le due vcsa, nuova e vecchia, sono entrambe sullo stesso host, port group, vlan, etc etc e si pingano, ssh e' abilitato.

vc.jpg

Nei log vcs_000 trovo

2015-10-28 14:12:53.899885 CIP Service: [VCSA INFO] fetch File form VM - result:{"type":"result","statusCode":"OK","sessionId":"tGjD-JorK-hxAy-zZCM","requestId":"2683","requestComponentId":"fileTransfer","requestObjectId":"8088-jT99-8gEX-Xsia","result":"{\n    \"status\": \"error\", \n    \"info\": [], \n    \"question\": null, \n    \"progress_message\": {\n        \"id\": \"ur.setup.src.establish.connection\", \n        \"localized\": \"Establishing connection to legacy system...\", \n        \"translatable\": \"Establishing connection to legacy system...\"\n    }, \n    \"warning\": [], \n    \"error\": {\n        \"resolution\": {\n            \"id\": \"ur.internal.resolution\", \n            \"localized\": \"Send upgrade log files to VMware technical support team for further assistance.\", \n            \"translatable\": \"Send upgrade log files to VMware technical support team for further assistance.\"\n        }, \n        \"detail\": [\n            {\n                \"id\": \"ur.internal.export\", \n                \"localized\": \"Internal error occurs during export.\", \n                \"translatable\": \"Internal error occurs during export.\"\n            }\n        ], \n        \"componentKey\": \"upgrade_framework\", \n        \"problemId\": null\n    }, \n    \"progress\": 5\n}","isFinal":"true"}

2015-10-28 14:12:53.900885 Progress Controller: [ExportProgress] - Establishing connection to legacy system...

2015-10-28 14:13:00.214517 CIP Service: [VCSA INFO] Get VM Support Bundle - result:{"type":"result","statusCode":"PROCESS_STATUS","sessionId":"tGjD-JorK-hxAy-zZCM","requestId":"2687","requestComponentId":"fileTransfer","requestObjectId":"8088-jT99-8gEX-Xsia","result":"","isFinal":"false","item":["{\"error\":\"vim.fault.FileNotFound\"}"]}

2015-10-28 14:13:01.622657 CIP Service: [VCSA ERROR] Error getting support bundle: {"type":"error","statusCode":"UNKNOWN","message":"boost::filesystem::file_size: Richiesta non supportata: \"C:\\Users\\tinivelli\\AppData\\Local\\VMware\\CIP\\vcsaInstaller\\sessions\\session_0000\\logs\"","isFinal":"true","sessionId":"tGjD-JorK-hxAy-zZCM","requestId":"2687","requestComponentId":"fileTransfer","requestObjectId":"8088-jT99-8gEX-Xsia"}

2015-10-28 14:13:01.625658 Progress Page: [USER ERROR] Support bundle failed to create on 0attempts. Error: {"type":"error","statusCode":"UNKNOWN","message":"boost::filesystem::file_size: Richiesta non supportata: \"C:\\Users\\tinivelli\\AppData\\Local\\VMware\\CIP\\vcsaInstaller\\sessions\\session_0000\\logs\"","isFinal":"true","sessionId":"tGjD-JorK-hxAy-zZCM","requestId":"2687","requestComponentId":"fileTransfer","requestObjectId":"8088-jT99-8gEX-Xsia"}

l'ipotesi è che la mia VCSA ha due nic e questo non sia gestito dalla procedura...

Qualcuno ha già fatto upgrades di questo tipo?

--
Alessandro aka Tinto VCP-DCV 2023 | VVSPHT 2023 | VMCE 2024 | vExpert 2024 | Veeam Legend
please give me a "Kudo" if you find my answer useful
www.linkedin.com/in/tinivelli
my blog: https://blog.tinivelli.com
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MrCheesecake
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just ran into the same error.  My ESX host was in a different subnet from the source/target vCenter appliances, and the workstation I was running the upgrade from was in yet another subnet.  I got tired of trying to track down and adjust firewall rules so I added a vmkernel IP to the ESX host that is on the same subnet as my VCSAs.  I then ran the upgrade from a VM that had an interface on the same subnet as well.

I also had to make sure that everyone was pointing to the same DNS server and that the temporary VCSA IP had a PTR (reverse lookup) record in that DNS server.

One last thing I did was to disable DHCP for the subnet that my VCSAs are on-  I don't know if it was an additional cause of the problem, but I noticed the new VCSA would pick up a DCHP IP during startup and it would switch to the static IP I configured once the status reported as "Establishing connection to legacy system".

0 Kudos