VMware Cloud Community
clairealex7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

uninstaller when using downloadable components.

Hello,

I built an installer with downloadable components for Windows. The installer and the uninstaller are signed, but when I run the uninstall from the Add/Remove programs, the uninstaller that is launched is not the uninstaller that was signed. It is an unsigned copy residing in the temp folder.

See the attached screenshots, showing the signed uninstaller in the right position, and the one that is actually running, unsigned. Also showing the uninstall registry key.

How can I ensure the correct signed uninstaller gets run?

Thank you,

Claire

0 Kudos
2 Replies
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @clairealex7,

The Unknown Publisher warning is not always correct, sometimes the certificate is not correctly loaded. The uninstaller makes a copy of itself in the temp folder and that is executed instead to be able to remove the installation directory at the end of the uninstallation. This copy should also be signed. Could you check if the copied uninstaller is signed by checking the properties? If it's not signed, could you contact us in private support?

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
clairealex7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I could not reproduce it today. Next time I run into the problem, I will check the signature of the uninstall copy in the temp folder.

Claire 🙂 

0 Kudos