VMware Cloud Community
YinkunXue
Contributor
Contributor

empty space in path not being handled even after adding ' .dos'

we have a use case that we use this  path ${installer_directory.dos} in our build script, and it will have space in folder names. These are custom folders, not ' program files' .  It turned out  ' .dos'  does not seem to do the trick here, BitRock fails to resolve the path at runtime.

Is this a bug?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
michiel_dhont
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Could you give the full name of the path? Also, which IB version are you using?

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
YinkunXue
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Michiel, the full path looks like this  or ' 😧 or  or dev or  or test pathname or  or  or '  , it is the path where we launch the installer.

BTW, if we removed the space in the string, make it  or ' 😧 or  or dev or  or test_pathname or  or  or '  , everything works fine.

Here is the version we are using:

BitRock InstallBuilder Multiplatform Enterprise    , Version: 17.10.0 (2017-10-27)

0 Kudos
michiel_dhont
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Yinkun,

Please note that the file or folder should exist for this modifier to take effect. Can you confirm this is the case?

Best regards,

Michiel D'Hont

0 Kudos
YinkunXue
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the folder and file exist.

again, If the folder is named  or ' test_pathname or '   , the path is  or ' 😧 or  or dev or  or test_pathname or  or  or ' , everything works fine.

if we rename the folder to   or ' test pathname or '   , the path is  or ' 😧 or  or dev or  or test pathname or  or  or ' , it fails.

I am also including my script xml here:

<runProgram>
<program>${installer_directory.dos} or  or executables or  or stampkey.exe</program>
<programArguments>${jttk_key} ${installer_directory.dos} or  or x86 or  or mytarget.dll</programArguments>
</runProgram>

0 Kudos
michiel_dhont
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Yinkun,

Could you check the return value of

<consoleWrite text= or ' ${installer_directory.dos} or ' />

Regards,

Michiel D'Hont

0 Kudos
YinkunXue
Contributor
Contributor

I printed out both ${installer_directory} and ${installer_directory.dos} , appear to be the same-----  😧 or  or dev or  or test pathname or  or

0 Kudos
Lam_bui
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am experiencing a similar problem. My installdir has spaces in one of it directory  or ' My Wine Dir or ' . We running a wine solution and when I try to execute the path, it keep returning an error due to the spacing. Can someone please help how I can achieve this?

<setInstallerVariable>
<name>installdir</name>
<value>/home/${username}/.wine/My Wine Dir/drive_c</value>
</setInstallerVariable>

wine regedit ${installdir_wine.dos}/sample/sample.reg
0 Kudos
Lam_bui
Contributor
Contributor

Just FYI, I got it working by putting quotation around installdir:

wine regedit  or ' ${installdir_wine.dos} or ' /sample/sample.reg
0 Kudos
AnonymousDefaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community.

0 Kudos