VMware Cloud Community
AnonymousDefaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Why is InstallBuilder causing errors in silent install ?

Hi,
I'm trying to run an installer in unattended mode and am running into errors where the a blank window pops up along with a Console window with a ' (output) 1 % '  prompt.

Environment:

1. Platform (both dev and target machines): Windows 7

2. InstallBuilder: BitRock InstallBuilder Multiplatform Enterprise Version: 8.0.0 (2011-11-09)

3. Project: SilentInstall (I dont see any Attachment option to attach the project file.)

I'm trying to run ' . or SilentInstall-1.0-windows-installer.exe  --optionfile response.properties'  where all that response.properties file contains is: ' validateLicense=0' .

When I run the above command, two windows pop up, one a blank window with ' SilentInstall-1.0-windows-installer' , and another a ' Console'  window. It doesnt proceed further. Do I need to enable any option in the Project to enable running it in unattended mode?

I also tried a ' . or SilentInstall-1.0-windows-installer.exe -mode unattended' , with the same results.

Thanks,
Reddy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnonymousDefaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It works just as expected after I rebooted the target machine.  False alarm. Thanks for your response.

Thanks, Reddy

0 Kudos