VMware Cloud Community
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unpack file results in error "Cannot find file to unpack"

I cannot for the life of me get the unpackFile instruction to find the file in the installation to unpack.  I have literally tried all combinations with the path, without the path, and the installations always errors out "Cannot find file to unpack: allowed.dat"

Here is my unpack instruction:

<unpackFile> <addToUninstaller>1</addToUninstaller> <component>default</component> <destination>${windows_folder_appdata}\ep</destination> <folder>MacAppSupportUser</folder> <origin>allowed.dat</origin> </unpackFile>

Also, please see the screenshot of the file that is included inside the package that I want to unpack.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I solved this myself.  I realized that the Platforms was set to Windows and we compile for Windows 64 bits.  This means that the file was not even packaged because of that rule.  It worked when I changed the platform.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I solved this myself.  I realized that the Platforms was set to Windows and we compile for Windows 64 bits.  This means that the file was not even packaged because of that rule.  It worked when I changed the platform.

0 Kudos
gongomgra
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @brettparkhurst ,

Thank you for sharing your solution. I'm glad you managed to fix your issue!

0 Kudos