VMware Cloud Community
JG_Maxon
Contributor
Contributor

The Kazakh and Persian languages not displaying product name in installation directory dialog

Hi,

When checking custom string displaying in various languages in the installer, I noticed in the installation directory dialog that the product name was not displayed for Kazakh, language code kk, and in Persian, language code fa. Since it's for languages we otherwise do not support beyond allowing the installer to run in them, and check that custom strings in English appear correctly, it is not urgent but would be great if it were fixed.

Screenshot for Kazakh, with asterisks and 'unknown variable':

JG_Maxon_0-1633022163170.png

Screenshot for Persian, for which there's a stray $ where I guess the product name should have been:

JG_Maxon_1-1633022265219.png

Cheers,

Joey

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gongomgra
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @JG_Maxon,

Can you open a new private support ticket to better track your issue? You can follow the steps in the link below

https://installbuilder.com/how-to-create-ticket.html

0 Kudos
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @JG_Maxon,

Can you open a new private support ticket to better track your issue? You can follow the steps in the link below
Please follow the next steps to contact private support: https://installbuilder.com/how-to-create-ticket.html

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
JG_Maxon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried to create a ticket in my VMWare account, but InstallBuilder is not listed. According to what I've read at the following link, it's almost certainly because the license for it was renewed under a different name, meaning a coworker, who doesn't use the product himself. I spotted the mismatch when I was given the license file and pointed it out, but I guess it was too late to have it fixed?

Product is not listed when filing a Technical Support Request in Customer Connect (2009213) (vmware....

Thanks,

Joey

0 Kudos
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @JG_Maxon,

Could you contact our Sales department at installbuilder-sales@vmware.com for the private support access? While that is being solved could you contact us at installbuilder-evaluation@vmware.com for the language issue?

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos