VMware Cloud Community
SergeyIW
Contributor
Contributor

Return into a parameter's page instead of close installer

Hello!

Please help me to solve the next problem: I've a some installer's parameter. When user finishes entering it and clicks the 'next' button there is a long-action from postShowPageActionList. I also draw the progress bar for that action in a separate modal window. If user clicks to 'close' button in progress bar modal window, installer will ask to complete its work. Is it possible to change this behavior? For example, when user clicks on the 'close' button in progress bar modal window, go back to the parameter's page? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @SergeyIW ,

It's not possible to change the default behaviour of the installer when closing the showProgressDialog close button in such a way that it immediately returns to the parameter page. However if your idea is just to prevent the user from aborting the installation through the showDialog button, there is a way to temporarily disable the cancelation of the installation by setting installbuilder_disable_cancel as follows:

<readyToInstallActionList>

<setInstallerVariable name="installbuilder_disable_cancel" value="1"/> 
        <showProgressDialog>
            <title>Waiting for wait action to finish</title>
            <actionList>

<wait ms="10000"/>

</actionList>
          </showProgressDialog>
        <setInstallerVariable name="installbuilder_disable_cancel" value="0"/> 
        </readyToInstallActionList>

However if it's a long running action I don't recommend it as the user won't be able to stop the installation as long as it's running.

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
SergeyIW
Contributor
Contributor

Michiel, thank you very much for fast reply! Unfortunately, not. My idea is cancel a long running action, let user to change parameter on page, and run, for example, another long running action when user presses the 'next' button.

0 Kudos