VMware Cloud Community
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Mac Error - The disk image couldn't be opened. The disk image is corrupt

We have started to run into an issue where customers on Mac M1 processors or the new Mac OS Monterey cannot run our installer.  When the installer is run it immediately shows an error "The disk image couldn't be opened.  The disk image is corrupted".  

We have duplicated it in house and we believe it has something to do with the fact that we are building both our Windows and Mac installers on a Windows server with our build pipeline.  We use the builder-cli on this Windows server to build the Mac installer.  We then move the installer executable (DMG) to a Mac machine and notarize it per Apples requirements. This has always worked up until now with Mac M1s and Mac OS Monterey.

We noticed there was a new version of InstallBuilder that addresses support for Mac OS Monterey so we downloaded that version and still have the same problem.

If we build the Mac installation on a Mac, we do not have this problem.  

Question: Is this a known issue creating a Mac installation on a Windows machine?

Thank you,

Brett

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok, I have opened a private support case.  

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm hoping I could get some input here quickly.  We have a couple of customers having issues installing on Mac Monterey OS.

Thanks!

Brett

0 Kudos
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi @brettparkhurst,

Could you contact us in private support with this issue?

https://installbuilder.com/how-to-create-ticket.html

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok, I have opened a private support case.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
herrtunante
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

We have run into the same issue. Our installer works well in older MacOS versions but in Monterey there is a Disk Image is Corrupted message...what are the possible solutions? Tried updating to the latest version of InstallBuilder but got the same problem.

I have not tested yet trying to generate the installer from a Mac (in any case I don´t have a Monterey capable Mac)

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi @herrtunante,

Could you contact us in private support with this issue?

https://installbuilder.com/how-to-create-ticket.html

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
laynegraham
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

macOS 12.1 Monterey thinks an encrypted disk image I’ve been using for years has suddenly become corrupted, but my ancient PowerPC Mac running OS X 10.3 Panther has no trouble opening the image, just like it always did.  The strong evidence is that this is a bug in Monterey, not a problem with the image.  A clue might be that Monterey’s Disk Utility thinks the image has a missing checksum.  Maybe it’s looking in the wrong place.

0 Kudos