VMware Cloud Community
julianmann
Contributor
Contributor

InstallBuilder 21 causes Mac to log me out.

I've been using installBuilder for a few versions now and it's been fine. However, I recently built with my app with version 21 (as part of a CICD flow on Linux) and when I try to install the resulting Mac dmg, it gets to the splash screen then logs me out, which quits all my running programs etc.

So I downloaded installBuilder v21 to my Mac with a view to building in the interactive app, but when I tried to install installBuilder itself from the dmg, it did the same thing - logged me out. So I assume the installBuilder v21 installer was also built with installBuilder v21. v20 didn't have this issue. I can install older versions of my app built with IB v20. And I can install DMGs from other sources.

It's probably a combination of my Mac setup and installbuilder v21. 

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Has anyone seen this behavior before or have any clue as to what causes it, or where to look?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @julianmann,

The issue is related to a change we released in InstallBuilder 21.3.0 which triggers a bug macOS introduced in10.14.6. We have created a custom build that fixes the issue. Could you open a support ticket so we can send it to you?

Regards,

Michiel