VMware Cloud Community
topazuser
Contributor
Contributor

Install Builder Bug

I'm an end user. As of a few weeks ago, I'm unable too install any current Topaz Labs products. They use Install Builder. When I try to run the installer for Topaz Studio 2, and any other Topaz apps, after opening the dmg file, nothing happens. I get this message in Console:

Jul 17 06:50:18 [Name of My Machine] com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: app<application.com.installbuilder.appinstaller.19.27(501)> [792]

Jul 17 06:50:18 [Name of My Machine] com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (application.com.installbuilder.appinstaller.19.27[904]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1

In addition to being unable to install any Topaz installers built with Install Builder, the built-in updaters don't work. I currently have three of their apps installed, so the installer was working fine when I initially installed the apps.

Topaz Labs' support has no idea what's happening and they say they have never seen this before. Can someone help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @topazuser,

Did you update the OSX version recently? Unfortunately we can only troubleshoot this issue directly with the Topaz Labs developers. They would need to contact us so we can investigate the issue further.

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
topazuser
Contributor
Contributor

I keep Big Sur completely up to date, so I would have installed all the current updates on the day or the day after they were released. In any case, I wiped the drive and reinstalled the OS, and it's working properly. But something was preventing the install. Thanks.

0 Kudos
gongomgra
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @topazuser ,

Just to confirm, do you mean that after reinstalling the Operating System, the issue with the installer is now fixed?

0 Kudos
topazuser
Contributor
Contributor

That's correct.

0 Kudos