VMware Cloud Community
Akhotchenkov
Contributor
Contributor

Incorrect disk space checks

Hello, i`m trying add a disk space checks and this works won`t i`v expect. Look at follow code, if space is 341mb, error will throw, and this is not stable behavior, sometimes enough 350 mb for success sometimes 360mb

<throwError>
            <text>${msg(Installer.Error.NoDiskSpace)}</text>
            <ruleList>
                <platformTest>
                    <type>osx</type>
                </platformTest>
                <checkFreeDiskSpace>
                    <logic>less</logic>
                    <path>${installDir}</path>
                    <size>340</size>
                    <units>MB</units>
                </checkFreeDiskSpace>
            </ruleList>
        </throwError>

0 Kudos
4 Replies
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @Akhotchenkov,

Could you tell me how you are calculating the free disk space? The installer does a check using `df -k` and converts the result to the given MB unit.

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
Akhotchenkov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @michieldhont_ on windows the same situation. On mac we using virtual disk with limited space, on windows using Dekart Private Disk.

0 Kudos
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @Akhotchenkov ,

InstallBuilder uses different methods to calculate disk space depending on the OS. For example for OSX we use the df -k command which outputs the value of the available disk space. Could you launch the installer, wait until the ready to install page and check the output of the df -k command in the terminal? 

df -k

To get the output in MB you need to divide the result through 1024. Can you check how the resulting value compares with the available disk space?

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
Fritschs
Contributor
Contributor

Wrong hard disk free space also can be caused by a rouged trash bin folder myvanillacard. To solve this problem, you can restore your missing free space by deleting the trash bin folders, which will enforce your Windows OS to create a new and healthy folder that won't occupy much space. Step 1. Press Win + R to open the dialog box.

0 Kudos