InstallBuilder

View Only
  • 1.  Incorrect disk space checks

Posted May 21, 2021 07:11 AM

Hello, i`m trying add a disk space checks and this works won`t i`v expect. Look at follow code, if space is 341mb, error will throw, and this is not stable behavior, sometimes enough 350 mb for success sometimes 360mb

• 2.  RE: Incorrect disk space checks

Posted May 21, 2021 04:26 PM

Hi ,

Could you tell me how you are calculating the free disk space? The installer does a check using `df -k` and converts the result to the given MB unit.

Regards,

Michiel

• 3.  RE: Incorrect disk space checks

Posted May 24, 2021 04:35 AM

Hi on windows the same situation. On mac we using virtual disk with limited space, on windows using Dekart Private Disk.

• 4.  RE: Incorrect disk space checks

Posted May 24, 2021 11:29 AM

Hi  ,

InstallBuilder uses different methods to calculate disk space depending on the OS. For example for OSX we use the df -k command which outputs the value of the available disk space. Could you launch the installer, wait until the ready to install page and check the output of the df -k command in the terminal? 

To get the output in MB you need to divide the result through 1024. Can you check how the resulting value compares with the available disk space?

Regards,

Michiel

• 5.  RE: Incorrect disk space checks

Posted May 24, 2021 01:23 PM

Wrong hard disk free space also can be caused by a rouged trash bin folder myvanillacard. To solve this problem, you can restore your missing free space by deleting the trash bin folders, which will enforce your Windows OS to create a new and healthy folder that won't occupy much space. Step 1. Press Win + R to open the dialog box.