VMware Cloud Community
SergeyIW
Contributor
Contributor

How to skip or dynamically customize ReadyToInstall page

Hello!

And one more question please. Can I skip 'ReadyToInstall' page or dynamically change its behavior? For example, I've install or upgrade mode in one installation package. I need to show correct text in title of 'ReadyToInstall' page depending of selected mode: 'Ready to ${project.installationType}'. How can I do this? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @SergeyIW,

You can skip the readyToInstallPage by changing the next_page variable to "installing" in the <postShowPageActionList> of the last page you want to show to the user:

<labelParameter name="last_page_before_installing">
   <postShowPageActionList>
      <setInstallerVariable name="next_page" value="installation"/>
   </postShowPageActionList>
</labelParameter>

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
SergeyIW
Contributor
Contributor

Michiel, thanks a lot again! But what about dynamic customization 'ReadyToInstall' page. Can I change, for example, text in 'Title' of that window? It is a problem for me because I need to show user the correct information of installation package's mode. Also let me ask you one more little question please. Can I use standard (built-in) installer's warning icon (which shows in showWarning dialog) in text-label parameter instead using external image (like in the next snippet):

<labelParameter>
    <name>label</name>
    <title>labelParameter test</title>
    <description>This is a warning message inside an installer page.</description>
    <image>/path/to/icons/warning.png</image>
</labelParameter>

0 Kudos
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @SergeyIW ,

In that case I recommend creating a custom readyToInstall page, (for example a labelParameter, with a different name like "customready". Then you can customise the text in the following way:

<setInstallerVariable name="project.parameter(customready).description" value"your_text"/>

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
SergeyIW
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much, Michiel! Your answers are very helpful for me.

0 Kudos