VMware Cloud Community
JohnRocha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How do I make the README window monospaced

How do I make the README window display it's contents using a monospaced font?

The license display looks nice in monospace, but the README looks horrible because it uses a proportional font.

The README is displayed in a proportional font, so lines get wrapped and text in the resulting text display looks VERY unprofessional.

When a README.txt file is created it's contents are such that lines are 80 columns or less so that it is easily readable using a standard, vi, emacs, or notepad application. So the readme files look fine with other products, it just looks bad with installbuilder.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @JohnRocha,

Unfortunately it's currently not supported. Could you contact us at our private helpdesk so we can create an improvement request?

Best regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
JohnRocha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello @michieldhont_ ,

The link for Legacy Support Portal (https://support.bitrock.com/hc/en-us/requests/new') doesn't work.It fails with the message "this site can't provide a secure connection, support.bitrock.com uses an unsupported protocol. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"

A variant of this error occurs for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

And I cannot get VMWare support to work because even though I have a valid license for another 4 month VMware says I don't -- this has been an ongoing problem with VMWare ever since they purchased BitRock.

0 Kudos
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @JohnRocha ,

My apologies for the delay in my reply. Could you contact our sales department at installbuilder-sales@vmware.com regarding the support area access? They will be able to help you further with this issue.

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
JohnRocha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you @michieldhont_ . I was finally able to fight my way through the MyVMware support system to get an issue opened.

Confirmation Number: 21195871002

Thank you for your patience and help.

0 Kudos