VMware Cloud Community
AnonymousDefaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Get Text field from user-selected Option

Hi,

I have currently a Choice Parameter where i try to access the text field of the user selected Option (which is displayed on GUI) as variable. But this seems not possible

The only thing i can get running is ${myChoice} with the attributs (description, value, default, .... )

When i simply print ${myChoice}, i only get the ' value'  field of the selected option.

Thanks for your help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnonymousDefaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unfortunately it is not possible to retrieve text values of the messages.

What you could do is include all of your option values as custom language strings using <customLanguageFileList> option.

Your custom messages could include values such as

choice.myChoice.option1=Option 1 text
choice.myChoice.option2=Option 2 text

You can then reference those - such as ${msg(choice.myChoice.option1)} as the text in the <choiceParameter>, as well as ${msg(choice.myChoice.${myChoice})} if you want to get the specific text message.

This will also work with installers that support multiple languages.

Creating custom messages and/or overriding built-in text strings is documented in more details here:

https://clients.bitrock.com/installbuilder/docs/installbuilder-userguide/ar01s12.html#built_in_strin...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnonymousDefaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unfortunately it is not possible to retrieve text values of the messages.

What you could do is include all of your option values as custom language strings using <customLanguageFileList> option.

Your custom messages could include values such as

choice.myChoice.option1=Option 1 text
choice.myChoice.option2=Option 2 text

You can then reference those - such as ${msg(choice.myChoice.option1)} as the text in the <choiceParameter>, as well as ${msg(choice.myChoice.${myChoice})} if you want to get the specific text message.

This will also work with installers that support multiple languages.

Creating custom messages and/or overriding built-in text strings is documented in more details here:

https://clients.bitrock.com/installbuilder/docs/installbuilder-userguide/ar01s12.html#built_in_strin...

0 Kudos