VMware Cloud Community
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Error: Build is not allowed: All license allocations are taken

We just purchased a floating license of InstallBuilder for multiple platforms.  I have InstallBuilder loaded on a Mac and on Windows and am trying to do command line builds on Windows.  When I run the command-line to build I'm getting the following error.

Error: Build is not allowed: All license allocations are taken

I have loaded the license.xml that was giving to us from InstallBuilder.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi @brettparkhurst,

Could you contact our Sales department at installbuilder-sales@vmware.com with this issue? They will be able to help you with the license and with the access to the private support portal.

Regards,

Michiel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi @brettparkhurst ,

Could you contact us in our private support channel with this issue?

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have tried and tried to open a support ticket on the Legacy Support portal and InstallBuilder is not listed and I can't create a ticket.  I need to figure this out because our build machine cannot be setup at this point with the floating license.  How can I get help on this topic?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am getting pressure to get this resolved.  Who can help me with our floating license?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi @brettparkhurst,

Could you contact our Sales department at installbuilder-sales@vmware.com with this issue? They will be able to help you with the license and with the access to the private support portal.

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
brettparkhurst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I spoke to sales and they gave me a license for our build machine that should NOT restrict any users on that machine.  This is our build machine for our CI/CD pipelines. 

When I run builder-cli logged into the machine as myself, it works and no issues.  When the pipeline runs the same command on the machine, it gets the message that All license allocations are taken.

I went over this with sales and they had me send them the license information from InstallBuilder on this machine and it is accurate and should be able to be used by any user / process on this machine.  They asked me to open a support case. 

I need to get this going today, so any help would be appreciated. 🙂

Here is their response.

==================================================

Hi Brett,

That license should not restrict access from additional users, can be used in as many machines and by as many users as needed with no restrictions.

Can you please contact our support team by opening a case if the problem persists?

0 Kudos
michieldhont_
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi @brettparkhurst,

According to our Sales department the issue has been solved now. Please let me know if you find any further issues.

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos